Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Social Networking and Your Privacy

I've been social networking now for a few years and although I wouldn't consider myself "hard core", I check FB daily and occasionally share pics and/or videos. But on a regular basis add incredibly witty comments to the crazy things that my friends post. Some are true classics! In recent days, I've become more and more concerned about what I read about social networking sites selling the information that they compile about me as I use their site. 


Evidently, the 500,000,000 of us sharing our likes/dislikes, talking about where we go and what we do-is really big business-and by that I mean-big MONEY business. SNS sell our personal information as well as our content to third parties-who are clamoring to find potential sales. I mean I know they have to make money, but at what price to us-the users. And it seems so easy for private information shared on these sites to become available to everyone-I mean, you read terrible stories about things that happen as a result of private information made public from these sites. 


A friend mentioned to me that she was using crazygood.com-a subscription-based social networking site that doesn't sell users' info or even allow ads. I still FB often but use it more as a search for friends now-because it's so massive. But if I want to SHARE info, photos, etc., I only use Crazygood. It just makes me feel more protected, and I'm back in control of my own information. If you're concerned about your cyber safety and want to be SURE your private information remains just that-PRIVATE, then check out Crazygood by clicking on the link below.

Best Regards,

Keith Walden
the20secondcommute.com


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marketing through social media without a website is much like offering an open doorway to a great store. Social media gives you the opportunity to create excitement from your visitors.

Social Network Marketing